Do you live in a quiet area, with a good sized yard, and all you are missing is a companion for a bit of play followed by lots of naps? Then do we have the dog for you!
Loki is a sweet six year old boy who will immediately try to impress you with his clowning around - give him a squeaky toy and space to zoom and he'll do the rest! Once he's had a good play it's time to cuddle up inside, there's no aloof greyhound here, this big lad would like all of the affection you have to offer please. Loki prefers to share the people places like your bed or the couch for a snuggle, he's not a big fan of being approached while he's resting on his own bed, but he's a good communicator and will give you a grumble to say "space please".
Full time workers are not an issue for our Loki. He happily amuses himself while you are away, and will delight in your return home with a big "helicopter tail" wag followed by an invite for a fun game of chase.
Unfortunately Loki's biggest barrier to adoption has been his extreme fear of other dogs, he requires a strong committed handler as he barks and lunges on leash when he is too close to other dogs; we are looking for a home who will find training Loki to be a more confident and balanced dog a rewarding experience to be part of, Amazing Greys will provide all sessions with our behaviourist at no cost to his new home.
Adventures to new and quiet places to explore would make Loki a very happy boy, he loves a car ride and reactivity aside he walks very well on leash.
We hope to find Loki a very special home, that ticks all of the following boxes:
- No children
- No other pets
- Confident handler for leash reactivity
- A yard for him to zoom around
- Prior experience with large dogs highly preferred
- Lots of love and patience
If you would like to open your heart and home to this lovely lad, please get in touch with us today!
1) Please email [email protected]
2) We will send you our adoption inquiry form so we can learn more about you, your family and lifestyle.
3) Amazing Greys conducts a house check and introduces you to a greyhound we think matches your family and lifestyle
4) If we both agree that the greyhound is a good fit for your family, he/she goes on a 3- 4 week trial with you
5) After a successful trial period, the greyhound moves in permanently with your family.
We will keep in touch with you throughout the process and help you and your greyhound settle in.
You need to be logged in to submit this form. If you haven't already created an account, it only takes a moment to register. We won't send you unsolicited emails, there's no cost, and there's no catch. To register, just go here: https://www.everygreyhound.com.au/create-account